The Village is a historical area in the city of La Mesa located in eastern San Diego. In this special downtown area, buildings from the early 1900s are still preserved in their original form and unique shops and restaurants line a five block radius.
La Mesa Village puts on a variety of annual events such as Oktoberfest, Christmas In The Village, and an Antique Street Faire which will be on May 19 this year. If you enjoy antiquing, I'd recommend continuing your journey into the past by making a reservation at the AubreyRose Tea Room. This is the place to go if you would like to slow down and experience an old-fashioned high tea.
During the summer, check out the "Back to the '50s Car Show." Vintage cars line the main drag in The Village every Thursday evening, and you're able to stroll down La Mesa Boulevard admiring the cars up close and shopping at one-of-a-kind stores like the independent children's bookstore Reader's Inc. Make sure to look for the train that runs around the track near the ceiling!
Are you a fan of historical buildings and periods of time? What is your favorite decade?

4 comments:
La Mesa is now on my calendar!
My favorite decade? 1950s, because I grew up in that time, have great memories.
Ditto!
KaTy Did at: Life's Ride As I See It
The wife of my school's retired administrator used to work at that tea room, and she'd bring a platter of treats every now and then for the staff. Good stuff!
Susan - It might be the "Happy Days" reruns, but I always thought it would be fun to grow up in the 50s ( : Did you have a poodle skirt?
KT Did - I like the 1950s too!
Milo - That was generous! What a great treat ( :
Post a Comment