Thursday, April 18, 2013

P is for Padres Game at Petco Park

If you're ever in San Diego during baseball season, I'd recommend going to a Padres game. There is not a bad seat in the house! I've had a great time sitting in the nosebleed upper tier, in company seats on the first base line, and on the grass in the "Park in the Park" area. It has been especially fun to attend with my family, including my sister in her wheelchair. There is accessible seating available with a perfect view of the field, and we're all able to sit together on chairs next to her. 
It's a bonus when the Padres win, and they shoot off fireworks at the end of the game. But if they happen to lose, you'll still enjoy the experience. There are lots of crowd shots on the jumbotron, and you might catch yourself on the big screen. The Swinging Friar mascot runs around and gets the crowd going. During the seventh-inning stretch, the crowd stands up and sings "Take Me Out to the Ballgame." And don't forget the food. There is a lot to choose from besides peanuts and Cracker Jack, but they sell those too!

Have you ever been to a Padres game or a major league baseball game in your area? What is your favorite baseball memory?    

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I heard they swept the Dodgers (after the big fistfight), but that could just be an unfounded rumor.

Susan Kane said...

We like to go to Lake Elsinore and watch the minor league "Storm" play at the Diamond Stadium.

We always hold out hope for the Padres.

Kathleen Jennette said...

I never have been to a Padres. Just the Angels. I always have such a great time at the games.
KaTy Did at: Life's Ride As I See It

Sara Fowler said...

Milo - That fistfight was crazy! Sure got a lot of replays on the news.

Susan - Might have to go check out the "Storm" someday.

KT Did - The atmosphere at a live baseball game can't be beat!