Monday, April 8, 2013

G is for Great News Cooking School

If you enjoy cooking or even just watching cooking shows on TV, then check out Great News Cooking School in Pacific Beach. This San Diego treasure has been around since 1977 before the Food Network even existed!

I attended a class featuring Appetizers back in 2004, and it was an entertaining and educational experience. Most classes are presentation style with the instructor cooking and explaining the process of each recipe. Samples of each item are passed out to everyone, and you receive a copy of all the recipes to take home and try on your own. Some classes are hands on, if you prefer to participate and get into the kitchen yourself. There is also a shop next to the classroom where you can browse and buy gourmet cookware, knives, and gadgets.

Have you ever attended a cooking class? What is your "must have" gadget in the kitchen? What is your favorite recipe? As Julia Child would say, "Bon Appetit!"

8 comments:

DL Shackleford said...

Appetizers are my favorite thing to make. I love my mandolin for cutting

Anonymous said...

I used to have a big crush on Julia Child.

Susan Kane said...

After seeing "Julie & Julia", I decided that cooking shows might have something! Love "Chopped!" and Paula Deen.

NavyWifey said...

Stopping by because of the A-Z challenge. Your blog made me miss San Diego.

Kathleen Jennette said...

Must have gadget(s): Fork and Knife.

Life's Ride As I See It
A-Z

Sara Fowler said...

DL - Still need to get a mandolin. Do you make potato chips/frles with it? Going to go back and learn some new words from your blog posts!

Milo - Used to?

Susan - Julia is so inspiring. Loved that book too!

NavyWifey - Hope it brings back good memories. Looking forward to reading about your life and fostering. Thanks for the sacrifices your family makes by serving!

KT Did - So true! Most gadgets are fun and not neccesary at all ( :


Jeremy Bates said...

im jsut getting into cooking now
but ive always liked cooking shows
there's a really great one over here in australia called My kitchen Rules
check it out!

Sara Fowler said...

Jeremy - Hope I can find that cooking show online. Thanks!