Friday, April 26, 2013

W is for Waterfall in Los Penasquitos Canyon

Los Penasquitos Canyon Preserve is an area of San Diego full of natural beauty. There are miles of trails that can be accessed on foot, on horses, or on mountain bike. The trails run alongside picturesque Penasquitos Creek. Some portions are shaded by tall trees while other sections open up into sun drenched fields of wildflowers. You'll see plenty of birds and maybe even a deer or two. One of the highlights is finding the waterfall.

If you plan to hike or bike to the waterfall, I'd recommend parking in the lot next to Canyonside Community Park off Black Mountain Road. There are guided horseback riding tours available if you're in town on vacation and are interested in checking out the equestrian trails.

Have you ever hiked to the PQ waterfall? Are there any scenic trails or waterfalls in your corner of the world?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've really got to take my bike out there someday soon. The itch have I.

Sara Fowler said...

After some rain, it's a mudfest!