Monday, April 15, 2013

M is for MIXTAPE

If you enjoy listening to '80s music, don't miss the musical MIXTAPE at the Horton Grand Theater in downtown San Diego. This show is full of the hit songs, dance moves and crazy clothes that defined the '80s. If you lived through it, you might find yourself humming along to the familiar tunes or tearing up when they mention the Challenger and other memorable news events from the decade. But even if you weren't born until 1999, you will have a fun time and leave smiling!
The cast members of MIXTAPE are from Lamb's Players. This small but mighty theater across the bridge on Coronado is my favorite place to see a show in San Diego. It's small, so every seat is a good one. The high quality productions include musicals and dramas. Every December they put on a Festival of Christmas show including festive carols and the Christmas story. Just a couple blocks away, they also put on a lavish feast and drama at the Hotel Del each December called An American Christmas. Right now Damien, a drama about a priest from Molokai, is playing at Lamb's Players. In May the classic musical Fiddler on the Roof starts.  

MIXTAPE plays every Wednesday-Sunday at the Horton Grand Theater. Check it out!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I haven't seen it...but I feel like I'm the only person in SD who can say that! EVERYONE seems to love Mixtape! Actually, somehow, I've not seen a single Lamb's Player thing - how is THAT possible?! LOL.

Especially considering that I love excuses to go to Coronado. Ooh...that'd have been my "M" for San Diego - Miguel's "magic" white sauce with their chips :-) Not necessarily the Coronado one, since I have one down the street...but that is a YUMMY M! Have you been there?

Anonymous said...

BIG fan of Lamb's Players; they always put on a high quality show.

Sara Fowler said...

Leese - You will enjoy anything you see at Lamb's I think. Hopefully, you'll get to see MIXTAPE. It's so much fun. Been to Miguel's just a couple times and everyone was raving about the "magic" sauce you mentioned (: I was a newbie and didn't know, but now plan to ask for it when I go back.

Milo - Glad you like it too!