Monday, April 1, 2013

A is for Art Alive at the San Diego Museum of Art


Art Alive is an annual event at the San Diego Museum of Art in Balboa Park that showcases floral design inspired by works of art. The ephemeral flower arrangements are displayed next to timeless paintings and sculptures. I've been awed by the creativity of the floral designers and impressed by the images of fleeting and lasting beauty showcased side by side.

This year Art Alive takes place April 26-28. Have you ever attended Art Alive in San Diego? Do you have anything similar in your city?

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Every year we have Art Along The Rogue...(river) and it is wonderful! Welcome to the Challenge! Found you on the list!

http://runningsurvivor.blogspot.com

Susan Oloier said...

I've only been to San Diego once. Art Alive sounds absolutely wonderful. We don't have anything even remotely resembling this in our small, rural town. So I'll live vicariously through you :-)

Gwen Gardner said...

I'm from San Diego (now in Colorado) but have never been. I love Balboa Park, though!

Anonymous said...

Judging by those photos on the site, there were a lot of fetching pieces last year!

april said...

I have never been to San Diego but I would love to someday. I look forward to your posts hopefully someday I can go there and see the places you tell us about.
April
http://www.savingformyfamily.com

Susan Kane said...

I live in North County, and didn't know about the April 26th art alive. Will find out about it!

Sara Fowler said...

Running - Art Along the Rogue sounds beautiful... like your blog. Love the picture with the falling leaves! Looking forward to reading about your journey.

Susan O - Hope you get a chance to visit SD again sometime!

Gwen - Colorado is a great state! I've been to Estes Park and the Rockies.

Milo - Yup... You could be an art critic with a vocabulary like that ( ;

April - Hope you are able to visit someday. It is a very family friendly place!

Susan K - So glad to share it with you! It is a treat to find out about something new after living somewhere a while. Hope you're able to go in a couple weeks!