Wednesday, February 29, 2012

February Fahrenheit - Ping Pong Pick-Up

Yesterday I mailed out my February Write1Sub1 story "Ping Pong Pick-Up" to the Fun For Kidz magazine group. I'm trying to be more strategic about submissions this year, and the magazine's website includes a list of topics for upcoming issues.

When I wrote the rough draft of my story at the beginning of February there was an open theme called "Brothers and Sisters."  But by the time I finished the story, it was no longer on the website. Luckily, two new themes opened up that are still a good fit: "Sports" or "Fun with Games." Hopefully, my children's story about a younger sister who wants to play ping pong with her brother and his friends will make the cut in one of those issues.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well done on reaching your February Write1Sub1 goal. I hope your strategery pays off and "Ping Pong" gets picked up toot sweet!

Lydia Gray said...

Hi.

Congratulations on meeting your W1S1 goals!

Unknown said...

Does she get to play ping pong, though? W1S1 demands an answer.

Rhonda Parrish said...

Good luck placing your story with fun For Kidz and congrats on meeting your W1S1 goals for February :)

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on hitting your Write1Sub1 goal for February.

Dave K

Patsy Collins said...

Congrats on your W1S1 success.

svanfow said...

She does - I had to go with a happy ending!