Friday, February 3, 2012

January Juggernaut - White Elephant Hunt

Today I mailed my story "White Elephant Hunt" to Highlights for Children. This was my January story for Write 1 Sub 1. It was just under 500 words and geared toward 6 to 8-year-olds. Highlights doesn't take online submissions, so paper, envelopes, stamps and a trip to the post office were required. But it felt great to release it into the mailbox. It might take six months to hear back, but at least the story is out there for consideration.

Next up, I plan to resubmit some stories that have been sitting in mothballs since 2010. After attending writing classes and joining a critique group, too much feedback left me overwhelmed. But now I've decided to trust my writing voice, revise, and resubmit them.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Critique groups? Bah! Who needs 'em? =]

CONGRATS on reaching your January Write1Sub1 goals! On to the next...

Susan Gourley/Kelley said...

Good luck on your submission. I haven't had to go to the PO to mail one for a while.