Name: Sara Fowler
Fiction or Non-Fiction? Both
What genres do you write? Children's, Middle Grade, and YA Fiction. Christian Fiction and Non-Fiction (Chicken Soup-esque). The goal is for everything to have some Comedy!
Are you published? Back in another decade, I wrote a couple articles for my hometown's local newspaper and experienced the thrill of being a freelance reporter. Now, I'm pursuing my longtime dream of writing children's books. Recently, my YA story "The Guessing Game" was accepted by Youth Imagination. (Release date TBD). I'll post the details here once I find out when it will be available!
Do you do anything in addition to writing? I'm active in BSF and SCBWI. Figure skating, traveling, reading, and cooking (or at least reading recipes) are things I enjoy in addition to writing.
Where can people connect with you? Right here on my blog Castles in the Air is the best place. I'm still developing my "web presence." Truth be told, after nearly 7 years working at a software company, I still suffer from some "Technophobia." Is that a word? Basically, I'm forcing myself to embrace technology vs. becoming a luddite hermit which is my natural inclination. So all the links below are still works in progress as I navigate issues like privacy vs. promotion and real world friends vs. "friends."

45 comments:
Nice to meet you Sara!
You have a lot on your genre plate. Great news on your book...looking forward to a release date.
Come visit!
M.L. Swift, Writer
Thanks for participating, Sara! :)
Nice to meet you, Sara! I look forward to following your blog and I followed you on Twitter! :)
Hi Sara! We children's writers need to stick together...;~)
I'm a new follower and you may want to check out my WRITERLY WISDOM WEDNESDAYS series where I have guest authors, agents, and illustrators talking about the writing and publishing industry...
Take care,
Donna L Martin
www.donnalmartin.com
Hi! So nice to meet you. Can't wait to read your future posts. . .and figure skating is wonderful. One of my favorite sports (to watch.)
Nice to meet you! :)
I always wanted to get into figure skating. Alas, I don't have the ankles for it. Great to meet you!
Nice to meet you! Congrats on the book - now that we're acquainted, I'm looking forward to hearing about it :)
Nice to meet you!
Hi Sara, I love that you write comedy, too! Isn't is a great feeling to make people laugh? Nice meeting you through Follow Fest. I'll go and find you other places online as well. Good luck to you!
Nice to "meet" you! I used to be a figure skater, too.
Long-time fan and follower -- can't wait to read "The Guessing Game" in Youth Imagination!
Hi Sara! Your name sounds familiar. Maybe we ran into each other in another venue in cyberspace. Well, congratulations on The Guessing Game. That is exciting!
Figure skating! Wow, that brought back memories. I took lessons for a few years as a kid. I remember skating to The Bangles, Walk Like An Egyptian--I was terrible, lol!
Anyway, congratulations on The Guessing Game, wish you all the best with your book. Nice to meet you Sara! (:
Great. Another member of SCBWI. Glad you're part of the blogfest. I'm now following you on Twitter.
Nice to meet you Sara! Though I write more thematically heavy YA (on topics like grief and dysfunctional families), I love to work in as much humor as possible. Yay for laughs!
Hi! Nice to meet you! :)
Hi! Nice to meet you!
Figure skating? It's so pretty! I love watching it!
Hurray for YA materials. So glad new materials coming out, especially as a parent of a young adult. Congrats!
Hi, Sarah,
Nice to meet you. I struggle to keep up with all the requirements there are for maintaining a presence online.
Setting up a web presence can be tricky.
I'm also a closet-luddite like you. ;-)
Nice to meet you! Thanks for visiting my blog!
Awesome to meet you, Sara! Love your goal of having humor in everything your write (a goal I share with you). I definitely laughed when I read your comment on cooking and reading recipes. :D
I do end up cooking a fair amount, but I also do a LOT of dog-earing of recipes, bookmark stashing, etc. LOL
Glad to see you're getting back into the writing portion of your life!
I think we all have a little technophobia... ;) And figure skating. Rad. Nice to meet you!
Nice to meet you! Congrats on the book!
Hi Sara, great to meet you. Congrats on the book and hope to read more about it. Thanks for stopping by my blog.
Nice to meet you! Congrats on your story news! :)
Great to meet you, Sara!! And congratulations on the acceptance of your book - how exciting. Looking forward to following along on your publishing journey. :)
So nice to met you, Sara. Congratulations on your upcoming book release!
And by your outstanding posture in your profile photo, I could definitely tell you were either a dancer or skater!
Good luck!
Glad you could participate, Sara.Look forward to getting to know you as a writer!
Nice meeting you here in this blog fest. Comedy is definitely needed in life! Thanks for coming by my blog and expressing interest in my books.
If you're interested in a copy, send me a line. Writer’s Mark
Congrats on your story getting published!
Nice to meet you Sara. Good Luck with your writing, I believe I've followed you everywhere...
Congrats on your story sale! Best wishes for future writing :D
Hi Sara! New follower here, popping over from Follow Fest. Nice to meet you and learn a few things about you!
Hi Sara! Here to Follow Fest you! Nice blog btw, and nice to meet you!
Hi Sara! Nice to meet you. :)
~Skye
Thanks for stopping by my blog for follow fest. I'm still getting around to everyone - and probably will be next week, too. I've clicked everywhere LOL. Nice to meet you!
It's nice to meet you, Sara! Figure skating sounds so fun! I'm with you on the traveling, I love to travel!
I used to read so much chicken soup for the soul. That comment took me back, lol. And figure skating- that's awesome. I tried when I was younger and failed due to not being able to skate backwards...
Anyway, nice to "meet" you!
Hi Sara! It's great to meet you through Follow Fest. I love to infuse humor in my own writing and love it even more when I find it in others'. Life is so much easier if we learn to laugh often. Congratulations on the upcoming publication of your story. You're on your way! :)
Added you has FB friend. My Twitter unfortunately has hit a following limit.
Good to make a new friend. Great site.
Nice to meet you and congratulations on your success!
I have a lot of admiration for figure skaters. It's one of those sports that I WISH I could do. Sadly I have neither the training or the coordination :D
YA fiction is probably the group in there that suits my tastes and writerly inclinations best. :)
I'm finally getting around to visiting all the FF posts from days 1-4. :)
Post a Comment