2011 was the year of the "tweet" for me. I participated in Write1Sub1 Monthly and some of my Twitter Fiction was accepted.
Other than that I did a lot of reading and attended SCBWI meetings in San Diego to stay motivated to write children's books.
In November I tried NaNoWriMo. Crashed and burned after a few days, but have more words on paper than if I hadn't tried it at all.
2011 began with great expectations. I started this blog and hoped to live out my own version of Julie and Julia. Instead,"real life" got the way. In February my day job in office space was turned upside down by a corporate merger, layoffs which I survived, an office move, followed by six months of limbo. Then I got a new boss and job responsibilities in the midst of a condo renovation that involved putting everything in storage. Finally, in August I made the decision to quit my day job and regroup.
So it's time to reboot. In 2012 I'm taking on the Write1Sub1 Monthly challenge again. This weekend I wrote the rough draft of a story I plan to submit to Highlights later this week for my January sub. In 2012 I hope to develop more discipline, write consistently, and have more fun with the process.
To paraphrase the words of good ol' Ralph Waldo Emerson: "Life (and writing) is a journey, not a destination."

1 comment:
A resounding AMEN! I wish you well, and I look forward to checking up on your progress throughout the year. Onward and upward!
Post a Comment